Lecture and Discussion- Participants are encouraged to make the workshop more relevant to their concerns by asking questions.
The presentation uses the building of a house as a metaphor for teaching how the adults' forming of their own self-esteem and psychological health are the foundation to building the self-esteem of children. Seven fundamentals to creating the foundation in the adult-child system to build self-esteem. Seven guidelines to building self-esteem in the child. This theoretical knowledge is presented with practical techniques.
SUMMARY OF CONTENT:
1) The role that Self-Esteem plays in our lives and society.
Abusers, Victims, & Survivors- The Differential Outcomes of Ineffective to Effective Self-Esteem Building.
2) Where Self-Esteem begins and Where and How it begins to be lost.
The self-concept, behavior, environment and feedback endless loop.
3) Acceptance, Power & Control, Moral Virtue, and Competence- The four cornerstones of Self-esteem.
4) THE FOUNDATION: Seven fundamentals to building Self-Esteem in the Adult-Child System.
Building the foundation as the hardest part of the process, but also as the most fundamental and vital part.
The sequence of building. The logic of the process as it relates to personal growth and psycho-developmental dynamics.
5) THE BUILDING: Seven guidelines to Building Self-Esteem in Children.
How Adults usually start the process without the foundation. The consequences of starting the process without the foundation.
The importance of handing over the task of building to the child.
6) The Trap & the Message of being the Perfect Parent or Perfect Teacher.
7) The 90 Second Child Self-Esteem Prescription Plan